The time has come for me to post my ultimate Christmas/Birthday wish list in hopes that my hubby will take note and shower me with love and gear. Last year, I struck out completely but I’m hopeful this year. And by hopeful, I mean delusional. I figure with my birthday coming up on the 17th, this gives him ample opportunity to get his shopping done
Truth be told, we don’t really go all out for Christmas or birthdays. But we do try to make an effort to bless each other with something that we really want but might not necessarily buy for ourselves. Or in my case, replacing stuff that’s too big to decrease the plumber-butt factor when I’m doing squats. Either way, I’m making it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally easy for him to shop. He doesn’t even need to leave home to do it. You’re welcome Hubby
It wouldn’t be a wish list from me if I didn’t have about three thousand goodies from Under Armour that I’m coveting. It’s seriously hard to go wrong with anything below.
1. Under Armour Cold Gear Cozy 1/2 Zip: If there’s one thing I need for winter running here in the Great White North, it’s good layers to keep me warm. I just love this top, it looks so cozy and warm and the zip means it won’t get stuck on my big head.
2. Under Armour Women Tiny Stripes Snowboard Socks: Granted, I’ve never snowboarded in my life BUT I would totally wear these on a winter’s run. They are beyond cute.
3: Under Armour Arm Warmers: ‘Nuff said.
4. Under Armour Studio Mat: Now that I’ve discovered a love (and benefit) to Yoga, I’d love a good mat to keep at the office for my Tuesday and Thursday practice.
5. Under Armour HeatGear Sonic Long Sleeve: Over the summer I saw these tops and fell in love with the bold prints and colours. I was super bummed that the stores never had my size in stock. Then it got cold and I never saw them in stores again *sniff*. As much as I’m thinking warmth and winter right now, summer will return and some HeatGear is always welcome.
6. Under Armour Multibraid Headband: Pretty self-explanatory-> I love headbands
7. Under Armour StudioLux Spin Tank: This tank is beautiful!! I am very much in lust with it. No shame. None.
8. Under Armour Armour39 Chest Strap/Watch: I have seen this all over the web and read the reviews and I am smitten with the technology behind this baby. Smitten indeed.
9. Under Armour ColdGear Run Tight: Super cute, compression and unlike the awesome 2 pair of run tights I have now, these one will fit me. Almost all my bottoms (capri’s and tights) are too big because I bought them when I was still getting my post-baby body back. They’re all big now. Some more indecent than others. The lovely pink stripe is guaranteed to make me run faster. Seriously. Like magic.
12. Under Armour Extreme Cold Base Legging: Check out my post on Running gear for everyone’s wish list for the spec on these. With the sudden onset of extreme arctic weather (-30C before the wind is factored in), I don’t own anything that will keep me warm in this weather. I need a pair of warm legs if I plan on training through the winter months.
13. Studio Collection: It’s like Under Armour is reading my mind. Grippy towel, studio mat, duffel, oh my!
14. Under Armour Coffee Run Beanie: This is just adorable. I love hats, I love coffee. Clearly this is a match that needs to happen.
15. Under Armour Run Stretch Woven Capri 17″: These colours are spectacular!! Spectacular I tell you!!
16. Under Armour Run Stretch Woven Skort: I love a good running skirt/skort. I haven’t seen this anywhere locally but it’s looked beyond cute on anyone I’ve seen in pics. That’s enough for me.
17. Under Armour ColdGear Infrared EVO Hoodie: Lovely, lovely, lovely is how I would describe this. Beautiful colours and perfect for winter layering. Sold!
18. Under Armour perfect Downtown Legging: Best colour. Best style. My yoga alter-ego demands these make their way into my closet.
19. Under Armour Super Girl Fitted Tee: Unlike most people who simply think they’re super hero’s, I actually am one. Now there is a shirt that proves it.
And so you don’t think that I’m a one-track mind kinda gal, here are a few other things that I’ve got my eye on:
1. Run all Day Shirt: The amazing Pavement Runner had these up for sale not too long ago. I didn’t get in on the action in time so even thought they are no longer available, I know he’ll bring them out again next year (Right????RIGHT???) so perhaps for next year. They are just too cute.
2. Gymboss: Granted, I don’t do a ton of interval training but when I do, I could definitely use one of these. As I get ready to plan next year’s running (health permitting) schedule, I would love to have this to take with me for running intervals. I’m also going to be including more HIIT training into my schedule. As much as I dislike the intensity (well…my stomach does), I can’t deny the results.
3. Road ID: I know, I know, this was on my list last year and even worked it’s way into my running safety series and I STILL haven’t gotten one. This needs to change. Hubby…this needs to be a high priority for both of us. Gotta stay safe out there.
4. The North Face Isotherm Windstopper tights: These made my list of running gear for every runner and are also on my list of gear I’d like to add to my collection.
5. The North Face Winter Warm Pants: See above. I really want to be warm and still able to move while out running.
6. Lulu Hoodie: Naturally, I can’t find it anywhere now. I can’t bring myself to spend what LuLu charges for their stuff but I have bought a few things with gift cards and do enjoy parking myself on the clearance rack. So Santa, if you see this lurking on a clearance rack…
7. Food Dehydrator: Oh how I want one. I’m not sure of brands but I would love, love, love to add this to my kitchen. Between me and the kids, it would get a lot of use. A friend who spent time overseas recently used her dehydrator to make her own fruit roll-ups to bring for snacking and they were amazing!!
8. Bike Trainer: As I get bolder in my fitness dreams, I realize that the training that needs to happen needs to be year-round and can’t be hampered by weather or our incredibly cold winter’s. I would love a bike trainer to add to my training arsenal. It’s also something that would come in handy for Saturday swimming as many often bring their trainer’s and bikes to do a short spin workout after. Hey, if I’m already up and there, what’s another 30 minutes of
9. Road Bike (not pictured): I have been slowly (and I mean sloooooooooooooooooooowly) putting a few dollars here and there to buy myself a road bike. At the rate I’m going, I’ll be around 60 before I can buy an entry level type bike. If Santa is so inclined, a few extra dollars toward this endeavor would be nice.
10. Cute little Scoops from Lee Valley. I have a set of measuring cups and spoons from Lee Valley and they are divine! I really love this little set for spices and mixes I use a lot and even for gifts when I do jars for others. They’re super cute and practical.
And if all else fails, I will always happily accept a gift of my favorite Vega Products (powders and bars and gels, oh my!) that I swear by, running shoes, or goggles that don’t fog!
So what’s on your wish list this year? Are you a “go all out” kind of person or a “conservative but useful”? I personally love that we don’t go overboard but that we get each other something useful that we wouldn’t normally spend the money for ourselves. And unlike my hubby, I make his shopping easy