Time for yet another edition of Things I’m loving lately. I’m sure you’ve been hanging on the end of your seat waiting for the next time I posted about stuff I like.
Well you should be.
Right, then. Here we go:
1. No ‘Poo: Not to be confused with my deciding never to poo again (that would just get really uncomfortable…), I’m talking no shampoo. Back around Christmas time, I really wanted to try washing and conditioning my hair with baking soda and vinegar. I’d read up a lot on it and figuring that since I’m on mat leave and
generally look unkept and hygienically challenged could get away with tying my hair back for a few weeks. I’d heard that the first few weeks your hair looks kinda nasty while the oils in your scalp try to balance. Lots of truth to that. But I was determined to stick with it and now I don’t know that I’ll go back to shampoo. My hair is super soft, doesn’t tangle the way it did before and isn’t dried out. I’ve had a few instances of bad washing but overall, I really like how easy it is and it’s ultra cheap which rocks too. My transition to hippy is nearly complete.
2. Spring mornings: I love how crisp the air is in the morning in the Spring. I love how warm the sun feels on my face when I’m outside and I love hearing the sound of birds chirping through open windows at home. I like waking up to sunshine in my window as opposed to pitch black. Even though my kids are up with the sun, it definitely helps me to wake up a bit happier.
3. My E-cloth: I was sent a non-scratch scouring cloth from E-cloth to try out in my kitchen where, admittedly, my lack luster cooking skills tend to leave a bit of a mess, especially my stove top. For those that don’t know, E-Cloths have 1.6 million fibers per square inch and when combined with only water, they are able to break up and hold grease, grime and bacteria which normal cleaning cloths leave behind. They don’t contain or require any use of chemicals to clean which makes them safe around my kids. The scouring side of the cloth is particularly awesome. You just run it under the tap, wring it out and clean away. Then you flip it over, and wipe with the smooth side and voila! Clean. It takes no time at all and it doesn’t scratch the surface. They have tons of other products so check out their site for more product information.
4. Vega Sport Protein in Mocha: I don’t tend to like “exotically” flavoured protein powders. Chocolate and vanilla are usually about as risque as my taste buds allow. This protein powder has changed that. It is so freaking good. I add it to a peanut butter protein smoothie and holy crapsticks…amazing. I still have a soft spot for my vanilla but this definitely ranks as a go-to recovery smoothie. I think I need to go recover from burning dinner right now…
5. Star Trek: The Next Generation: For reals people, I grew up watching this with my dad. Jean-Luc Picard was a household name. Don’t even get me started on Worf. Classic. We tend to change up our cable packages a lot and recently, we had the space channel for a time. I geeked out for real when I could watch this show again. And seriously…20+ years later, I still remember most of the episodes. My dad must be so proud of this little trekkie.
(**Disclosure: Products listed in this post were provided at no cost to me to try. All opinions are my own.)