Having a case of the Monday’s

I’m not one to believe in moon cycles or stuff like that. Maybe there’s some truth to that stuff and maybe it’s just an excuse to justify people acting all weird. Who knows. What I DO believe in is having a case of the Mondays and yesterday, I had myself a monster case of them.

I woke up at 6:45 and even though we got the Little Lady to sleep around 10:30 or 11:00 (I think), I felt like I hadn’t slept. I struggled to remember if I’d been up with her during the night (and naturally, my Polar Loop was charging so I couldn’t check to see if I’ve developed the skill of nursing the baby in my sleep…sleep nursing???) but I was not moving with any kind of speed. I’ve been trying to get into the habit of getting out of bed by 6:30 so that I could pray, read my bible and have a hot cup of coffee before the kids were up for the day and the madness starts up. Last week I just loved my God time. It was so needed and really set the tone for my day. I’ve had so many things and so many people on my heart that I really needed that time to quiet my spirit and really listen to what He is trying to tell me (still trying to figure that out…sigh). Yesterday, I didn’t get that time and I was one supremely crabby Mama bear.

I felt short of patience, short of sleep (even though I’ve been getting a lot more solid sleep over the past week as I mentioned yesterday) and just plain mlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! So the plan was to drop my oldest at preschool, pray the baby would sleep and jump on the treadmill in the interim.

I got the two littles ones home, decided to take some “before” pictures to compare to every few months after I start training this week (good Lord, thankfully they mark the beginning of the journey) and then jump on the treadmill. All was shaping up to turn the day around. Well, between my hear rate monitor pooping out on me (my fault, I didn’t wet the leads enough), which makes heart rate training a bit more difficult and my stupid ear bud constantly falling out of my ear, I just wanted to punch something. Normally, such little things wouldn’t be more than just a minor annoyance but I was ready to hulk out. Thankfully, I got everything working and went about my workout. I definitely felt much better at the end but my patience stayed on the paper-thin side through the rest of the day. It really didn’t take much to set me off and I’m not proud to say I may have lost my cool with my kids and hubby a lot quicker than I should have. Sigh. Not my finest day.

Thank goodness I got this in. My sanity and the safety of those around me depended on it.
Thank goodness I got this in. My sanity and the safety of those around me depended on it.

Thankfully, today is a new day and I’ve already got one cup of coffee seering through my veins and no need to leave the house with the kids so methinks a pj day is in order.

Technically a workout recovery cereal. I used it as a Monday recovery cereal...
Technically a workout recovery cereal. I used it as a Monday recovery cereal…

Move over Monday…Tuesday is stepping in!!

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Email this to someoneBuffer this page


Stephanie is a Canadian Mom of 3, Runner, Certified Functional Strength Coach (CFSC), Christ-follower and all around reeker of awesomeness. When she's not chasing after her kids, you can find her dreaming big dreams and bringing them to life.

8 Responses to Having a case of the Monday’s

Leave a reply