Yesterday, I wrote about the 6×6 plan and how I’m going to try implementing it in hopes that it will help me accomplish tasks rather than let them pile up until I’m too overwhelmed with life and end up locked in my closet rocking myself for comfort.
Today I’m declaring my first 6×6 plan and getting the show on the road.
1. Set up my re-branded Photography site and materials. After a very disheartening experience that caused me to lose my business name to a less-than-on-the-up-and-up company (long story, too many tears shed already), I have to rebuild from the ground up. I will spend the next 6 weeks working on getting that task accomplished and underway so that I can be ready for Spring/Summer shoots.
2. Clean up/Organize my emails. At last check, I have well over 1,000 emails between several accounts that need to be itemized, organized, deleted and in some cases, read. I need to get this organized because too much stuff is getting lost in the shuffle. I also need to unsubscribe from a bunch of stuff and delete accounts I rarely or never use.
3. Create/implement a 2013 budget. We have a limited income and some pretty major projects that need to be tackled this year. Hubby and I will be budgeting our expenses and looking at how we can make our money stretch as far as it can. Knowing what we have to spend will help us be more responsible with our incomes.
4. De-clutter the House. Clutter stresses me out. I get downright twitchy when there is too much stuff around. I will be going through all our clothes, toys, books, movies etc and if we don’t need/use it, it’s getting donated. No more putting it aside for a garage sale we’re never going to have.
5. Reading time. Yes, I need to prioritize time spent reading. I have a stack of books I’ve been wanting to read and my google reader is piling up with blogs that I love reading but haven’t had the time to do. I want and need to have some dedicated reading time. I want to finish 2 books in the next 6 weeks. This also becomes dedicated me time which is valuable to my sanity.
6. Meal Plan each and every week. Our food budget is insane. We spend a lot on food and I need to buckle down and start stretching our dollars better. The best way I can do this is to plan ahead so I know exactly what I need and where I need to go to get it. I’m not saying that I need to buy less expensive food, less nutritious food, but I do need to plan so that I’m using what I am buying and not wasting. This will require me to set aside some time to think, plan and write out ingredients. Trust me when I say it sounds much easier than it is (at least for me).
There you have it. 6 tasks, 6 challenges and 6 weeks to figure it out. Let’s see how I do.