Motivation Monday: Damn you Easter Chocolate!

Ok so it’s entirely possible that the title of this post alone is not going to motivate you but it’s the first thing that popped to my mind when I thought back over the past couple of days. Easter chocolate is forever and always my downfall. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE me some chocolate eggs. The sweeter the better. I’m one of those people that can eat the sweetest of the sweet. You know the stuff I’m talking about. The kind of stuff that makes your teeth hurt because they’re rotting out of your mouth before you’ve even digested the treat kind of sweet. I ate more than my fair share this past week and for the most part I really don’t care because I eat by the 80/20 rule. What I don’t like is when Easter rolls around and I eat my weight in chocolate eggs and then can’t get my poor duff off the couch because my stomach is so sore I can’t move. But since there’s nothing I can do about it now, I will move right along.

These didn’t stand a chance…

This past week has been good. I was able to get some exercise in. Mostly core-related until I’m free and cleared by my doctor this coming Friday!! I’m already becoming well aware of the challenges that will come from trying to get a decent workout in when I’m alone with the boys. We’re going through a really tough time with Fit Boy, who is currently the poster child for the terrible two’s and throwing massive temper tantrums All. Day. Long. We’re working through them as best as we can but it means that my time alone with them during the day is not very productive and he’s not in a place right now that he feels excited to join in on some fun with mom.

That said, I will report very happily that by taking it easy and not rushing back into vigorous exercise (though it’s been killing me!), and concentrating on proper core strengthening, my diastisis is already down to 1-2 finger widths!! This is amazing because at its worst, it was over 4 finger widths. This was back before I got pregnant with Mr. O and I never got it much better than 3 finger widths when I did get pregnant. I’m so happy and I really hope that I can keep it healing as I start back to more intense exercise.

Another amazing shout that needs to be declared is that my hubby has started running again. Not only that, but he’s getting up BEFORE work to do it. I’m extremely proud of him as it’s been 2 weeks and he hasn’t missed a day. I’m also a little jealous because I want to be out there running with him! Soon enough Fit Mom…soon enough.

Have a fantastically fit week!

Stephanie

Stephanie is a working mom of 2 boys, a veteran of 4 half marathons, 1 Ragnar Relay and countless miles with or without her kids in tow. Vegetarian, Christ-follower and all around reeker of awesomeness, Stephanie chronicles her not-so-average life as an average runner and a Fit Mom...in Training.

18 Responses to Motivation Monday: Damn you Easter Chocolate!

1. Wendy says:

Oh, boy, Terrible twos! They stink.. but they only last.. well, it gets better.
    I totally get what you mean about not being able to get workouts in. My daughter is ill and not being left alone right now, so it’s really hard to get exercise in. I never realized how much I loved my gym time before this, or just walking out of the house to get my walk in. sigh. I’ll find other ways of getting exercise in. And, I’m looking forward to hazing, believe it or not. It’s another thing to focus on.

2. I can easily skip the candy, but I still feel like I eat too much of the rolls & bread. That’s my personal downfall. And congrats to your husband – that’s dedication.

3. You’re making amazing progress and will be out there before you know it!! =)

4. my post is going to be called something like damn you office food pushers and company events with so much sugar that i can’t resist

5. Emily Woodhouse says:

Stephanie At first happy belated Easter. Pretty cool stuff that you have written. Liked your eating habit. Good wishes for your boys. And best of luck to your husband for his sincerity to workout. Great post. Thank you so much.

6. Sarah M says:

Mmmm Easter candy, reese’s peanut butter eggs don’t stand a chance around me! That’s good news about your diastisis. Mine actually got smaller after my second son was born, too. Have a great week!

7. I think chocolate in general is a weakness of mine. You’ll be running circles around the rest of us in not time :) Have a great week!

8. Tamara says:

Ah, Easter chocolate! My nemesis too! Do you eat the ears first?
    I can’t believe how quickly you’re rebounding after baby’s birth! So inspiring!

9. Way to go on working on your core and following dr orders and taking it easy. Sorry Fit boy is growing up to be a frustrated toddler this week. Cordie has been having those tantrums for a month. This too shall pass though. Woohoo for your hubby!

10. Amberlou24 says:

Ahh the terrible twos, no doubt made worse by the new addition…he and you will get through it! It’s an adjustment period in many ways :)) congrats on your post baby recovery! As always thank you so much for your training circuits and encouragement! You are such an inspiration :)

11. Oh yeah, Easter candy kills me. I wait all year for Cadbury cream eggs! It wouldn’t be so bad if I only did the chocolate binge once a year, but between Halloween, Christmas, V-day and Easter it seems like there’s always a holiday excuse to eat too many treats.

12. Sending you healing vibes so you can easy your way back to where you want to be. Have a great week!

13. There is something about Easter that makes it even more decadent than Christmas, Valentine’s and Halloween. The candy is soooo good and so are the dinners! I was berry, berry bad and all my clients were too. Oh well, it happens :)

14. Leah Segedie says:

That’s how I feel now about Mark. I’m so happy he is working out like crazy, BUT I’d rather be going with him to kickboxing classes like we used to on Saturdays…but I have to wait… *sigh*

15. Kathryn C. says:

Oooooo, I am so there with you about the chocolate eggs. I love them! They are so hard to resist! Shoot, resist, who can resist them? I enjoyed reading your post and find inspiration in reading. It is hard for me to chalk it up and just move on, definitely something I need to work on. Hope you are having a great week!

16. Faye says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage? My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my users would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Thanks!