On February 12, I was tagged in a post by the lovely Janice from Fitness Cheerleader, fellow FitFluential Ambassador and Reeker of Awesomeness to take part in a fun little Random things about me meme. Since I’m all about the random, I was happy to take part! Here’s the low down:
Random Facts About Me:
1. I hate Ferris Wheels. They terrify me. Though I can be coerced to ride one, I’ll whimper like a boy and run away with my tail between my legs as soon as the ride is done.
2. I could live off of sushi for my entire life and I would die happy and fulfilled.
3. I really want to run a destination race. Call me crazy, but including a race in a vacation is just plain cool. Race in the morning, lie on the beach all afternoon. Bliss.
4. I have had the absolute privilege to travel to Africa and not only do missions work there but to meet, hold and hug my sponsor child. It was and remains one of the most powerful experiences of my life.
5. My favorite number is 154. I have absolutely no idea why.
6. In my wildest dreams, I’d be the host of a travel show. Best of both worlds, get paid to travel. Yep!
7. I’ve never watched American Idol, Survivor or the Bachelor/Bachelorette.
8. I am obsessed with cooking shows. For the amount of time I’ve spent watching people cook, you’d think I’d be better in the kitchen.
9. I have no idea how to put make-up on. None. (can someone please teach me and/or come and do my make-up every day).
10. I would be a great candidate for “What not to Wear”. I don’t know if I should be proud of that fact or not.
11. Procrastination is my unofficial middle name.
Questions for me from Janice:
Weirdest place you have ever woken up? Uuuuhhhhhh….
Race/event/accomplishment you are the most proud of? Learning how to swim at age 30. It’s really never too late.
Favourite non-fitness activity? Dinner and drinks with family/friends. Quality time with the people you love is so important and rewarding.
What one thing do you hope to accomplish before you turn 80? Sub-2 hour half marathon, triathon, maybe a full marathon.
What’s your favourite post-workout recovery meal/drink/ritual? I love anything chocolate. Usually a chocolate protein smoothie, or chocolate milk. I like to think of it as a reward with a purpose. I also have a shower. That’s more about survival for those around me though.
Describe your perfect vacation if money was no object… it would be taking a year to travel the world. There are so many places I’d love to see and take my time seeing that I would never be able to choose only one. There would be a lot of exploring, picture taking, memory-making. I would love to spend a couple of months of that time doing missions work again.
Least favourite TV show? Really not a fan of most reality TV. There’s not much “real” about it anymore.
What irks you the most? (Biggest pet peeve). Lack of respect for others. We are consumed by a “me first” mentality that has evolved into something of a beast. People…let’s love on each other!
Did you have any pets when you were younger? What kind? What were their names? We had hamsters (Pokey and Sam) and dogs (Jeni, Max, Quincy).
Fondest childhood memory? Going for bike rides with my dad. It was one of those things that at the time was just something we did, but looking back, it was a really special time for me.
Favourite flavour of ice cream? Heavenly Hash…no wait…Mint Chocolate Chip…no wait…Oreo…no wait…
Questions for You:
1. What’s your guiltiest TV pleasure? (mine in Vampire Diaries…I’m waaaay to old to be watching that show. I should be watching True Blood)
2. What is the strangest search term(s) anyone has used to find your blog?
3. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
4. What are 3 words you’d use to describe the 16 year old you?
5. You’ve been granted 2 extra hours in each and every day to do whatever you want, what would you do with the extra time?
6. Who was your teen crush?
7. Would you rather have a chef, maid or babysitter?
8. Who inspires/influences you and why?
9. Morning person, yay or nay? (I’m a massive nay!)
10. How long have you known your best friend?
11. What’s one item on your bucket list?