Motivation Monday: Letting go of the Dream

Today marks week 41 of my pregnancy. I’m not going to lie…I’m grumpy, uncomfortable and terrified. I’m scheduled to be induced later this week which is the absolute last thing I want. It’s times like this that I question my body’s ability to perform at its peak. I’ve caught myself asking why I can make babies with relative ease (sorry…that’s probably more TMI than you all needed for a Monday morning) and yet cannot birth them on my own.

I’m frustrated.

I’m upset.

I’m scared.

I’ve spent the last few days since the induction forms were faxed to the hospital trying to mentally prepare myself for what my labour is looking to become should Fit Baby not make an appearance in time. With Fit Boy, the induction meant I couldn’t walk around, had machines hooked up to me and was mentally drained long before my physical strength gave out. I don’t want that to happen again. I want to be strong for my baby, strong for my husband and strong for myself.  Ultimately, a safe and healthy baby is all that matters and I will do whatever it takes to ensure that. I just have to keep reminding myself that I’ve done nothing wrong, and that my activity level, my eating habits and my overall lifestyle have been good for the past 41 weeks that I’ve been growing this little one.

I will focus on what I need to do to be strong.

I will focus on what’s best for my babe.

I will focus on knowing that I will be holding my little one skin to skin before the week is done.

I will focus on the up and not the down.

Stephanie

Stephanie is a mom of 2 boys, avid runner of countless miles with or without her kids in tow. Vegetarian, Christ-follower and all around reeker of awesomeness, Stephanie will start training to make her marathon and triathlon dreams come true after the birth of her third child this fall.

14 Responses to Motivation Monday: Letting go of the Dream

1. Miz says:

nothing to add but BIG BIG HUGS coming your way from Texas.

xoxoxo

Carla

2. Hugs, I was induced with two of my pregnancies. I’ll pray that you have a quick and easy labor with a healthy baby :)

3. Sarah M says:

Good luck girl, I was induced at 41 weeks with my first son and wanted so badly to go into labor naturally with my second. I was scheduled for another induction at 41 weeks with my second and literally started laboring while I was walking into the hospital for my induction! I was a little upset that they still insisted on giving me pitocin but after I had him I realized that it didn’t matter how or when he arrived, just that he arrived healthy and safe!

4. Krissy says:

Oh lady, I feel you! Everyone used to say you can touch Krissy and get her pregnant, yet I was INDUCED WITH ALL 3 OF MY KIDS! My husband and parent’s both told me it was because I was such a good incubator that they didn’t want to come out in the cold mean world, lol. But it was hard for me never to experience “Oh my gosh, I’m in labor!”
    I tried to look at the positive and realize that I could alert all my family and friends the day I would be having my child, and they could make arrangements to come see me. My parents, sister and Grandma were at EVERY birth. And that meant a lot. My husband didn’t have to worry about being on the road and missing it – AND I was able to make sure I was freshly showered, SHAVED and hair and make up fixed and house cleaned, and bags packed.
    I really like to be in control, so I used this as my motivation to be OK with it all.
    I’m sorry that your feeling soo bad, and I hope that FitBaby comes soon, maybe even before your induction! =)
    Hugs & Prayers your way!!

5. Hugs. This baby will come. My boys were both induced and my third was a c-section. I learned with baby 4 that sometimes our minds just get in the way of birthing babies. I was determined not to have an epidural because I hadn’t with the first two (not by choice mind you, I wanted epidurals with them). After 17 hrs on pitocin I gave in to the nurse’s pleas and got the epidural. My pain was gone & out came baby in less than an hour.

6. Just wanted to say that I’m thinking of you this week. You ARE strong and no matter what way Fit Baby comes into this world, you will be there ready to give that baby all the love it needs. That’s all that matters. :) Hugs!

7. pauline says:

I know what you mean about focusing on the positive. I was emergency induced at 37 weeks due to high blood pressure. I was upset for a while about not having the natural birth I wanted. But you are right…at the end of it all, you’ll be holding your little. And that’s all that matters. Good luck and I’m thinking of you.

8. Praying that somehow your body responds before the scheduled induction and you go into labor. With everything you’ve done so far, I’m sure that baby is feeling safe within you… and I pray that everything goes smoothly with you welcoming your little one later this week!

9. Tara Burner says:

no words..just big HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Lots of hugs your way. crossing fingers baby comes before you get induced. stay calm pretty soon you’ll get to hold your little one. Happy Valentine’s day

11. Oh WOW! You are having a time aren’t you? HUGS!

12. I remember oh so well the feeling of always going over due. It seemed like the pregancies lasted far longer than the time it takes to wave good bye to your child on the first day of KG. Then all too soon they graduate. Even more astounding is when this repeats with the grandkids. They grow too fast.
    Take care and don’t feel obligated to post me back. Enjoy that little one’s tinyness. Malika

13. Julie Boyer says:

Lots of prayers and hugs for a safe delivery!