My House is a Sty but I Don’t Care

Maybe I should care about the sorry state of my house a little bit more. We’ve been here for a little over 2 months and have yet to actually move it. Amidst renovations that are never ending and never progressing all at the same time, half our possessions in the garage or basement in boxes and random piles and various supplies stored in every possible square foot, it’s true…my house is a sty. There’s stuff I could do to fix it (clean up Fit Boy’s toys, do the dishes, dust more than once every 8 weeks) but I don’t. I know I should care more…but I don’t.

Reason?

I’d miss moments like this

…and this

…and this.

So next time you come visit Chez Fit Mom and you’re tripping over toys, being bombarded with reno supplies and chased by dust bunnies, just know that a lot of fun and quality time was spent doing other things. Things that I will treasure forever.

I’ll clean my house…another day.

Stephanie

Stephanie is a working mom of 2 boys, a veteran of 4 half marathons, 1 Ragnar Relay and countless miles with or without her kids in tow. Vegetarian, Christ-follower and all around reeker of awesomeness, Stephanie chronicles her not-so-average life as an average runner and a Fit Mom...in Training.

8 Responses to My House is a Sty but I Don’t Care

1. Axel says:

Ditto here. It’s a new use of the phrase “Mi Casa Es Su Casa” (my spanish sucks, but you get the idea).

2. Clare says:

Life’s too short for housework – however, you can accomplish quite a lot in short 15 minute bursts of activity and once you establish a routine a quick one hour will keep the dust bunnies in check (I still have a few!).

Take a look at http://www.flylady.net – she’s a marvel and has a great way of getting on top of those household routines with minimal effort.

3. Wendy says:

Enjoy every single moment. EVERY ONE. You will NEVER regret spending time with your darling, and will not die happier for having a clean house. I promise.

4. Rachel says:

Could not have said it better myself! I have stopped worrying about the dust bunnies or how many times in one day that I step on buzz lightyears head or find glitter in my clean laundry because at the end of the day my life would be a lot less colorful without these three kidlets in my life!

Enjoy your moments! Loved your captured moments!

5. LOVE that third picture of the two of you. That is frame-worthy!

6. Cat says:

I don’t think anyone has ever said “gee, I wish I would have spent more time doing housework…” There are days to just let it all slide and enjoy the lovely moments with our little ones. Besides, if it really bugs me, I’ll find it in the budget to hire someone now and again…

• Stephanie says:

Ha! I know I’ve never said that, even before kids! I just take the kids outside if it’s really bad. Thankfully, no one in my house is allergic to dust :)

7. Taking time to play really is what is important! I love that you are doing just that.