Motivation Monday: Decisions

I think it’s safe to say that these past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind for me. The biggest news is that we bought a house. Very scary stuff and very emotional for us. We love our current house. It’s perfect for the three of us right now. It’s cute, it has wonderful heritage features and is cozy. What it doesn’t have is space. We don’t need or want a ton of space, only what we absolutely need but this little house of ours no longer meets those needs. We only have 2 bedrooms, the nursery being a fairly small room, and no dining room. We have plans and dreams to have more children in the future so the very tough decision was made to upgrade.

The challenge in our nearly 4 month search was finding a place that would meet our needs and that we could afford. The housing market here is very competitive and any house that is decent is selling for $20,000-$40,000 over listing price. It’s crazy. We really couldn’t compete with that. So we made another tough decision to go with a fixer house and find something that had the space we needed and potential. Boy did we find that. I’m pretty sure we bought the ugliest house possible. It needs work. A lot of work but we’re up for the challenge.

It’s exciting to move forward but scary too. Especially with all the unknowns that come with home renovations (not to mention with a toddler running around). I’ll be posting pictures of our progress as we get ready to move and work on the new house. Wish us luck!

On a separate note, I just want to say a big congrats to our Mamavation Moms: Andrea and Libby! And congrats to our moms Stacie and Angela who didn’t get enough the first time around that they came back for more! Be sure to follow them on their amazing progress.

To those that didn’t make the final cut: take heart, this is no where near the end for you, merely the beginning. I’ve watched you guys these past weeks take those first steps and that doesn’t end because your campaign has. It’s all in your hands! And I’m here to help you through the Move-it-and-Lose-it challenge. I’ll keep posting circuits for you to do and add a few things to Bookieboo but with the intent that the cord will slowly be cut and you guys will gradually take the reigns of your own fitness and health journey!

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Email this to someoneBuffer this page

Stephanie

Stephanie is a mom 3, avid runner of countless miles with or without her kids in tow. Vegetarian, Christ-follower and all around reeker of awesomeness, Stephanie plans to run her marathon and triathlon in the near future.

16 Responses to Motivation Monday: Decisions

1. Hey girlfriend. Can’t wait to meet you next month at FitBloggin. Congrats on the new house. Don’t let it stress you too much.

2. Super excited for finally getting a house! We’ve had the opportunity to live and redo some interesting places. Hopefully things go smoothly and you can move in quickly. Your a wonderful person and deserve great things.

• Stephanie says:

You are way to kind :)

I’m hoping for smooth and steady. I’ll be at Fitcation day after we get the keys so if anything goes bust, hopefully it will happen while I’m gone and be fixed before I get back lol!

3. Mia says:

Don’t forget about the Mamavation Moms! You’re listed as one of our workout tools :)

And CONGRATS on the house!! HOORAY!!

4. Congrats on the new house! I have dreams of purchasing one but it’s further down the line.

5. Rebecca B. says:

I thought my house was the only one in the world with no dining room? Our house is tiny, but we’re only using the lower level… once we finish the renovations of the upper level we’ll have 2 bedrooms up there. And a playroom AND a dining room! I love this house too, but I’ll be so glad when it’s all done…

Congrats on the new house – it’s so exciting!!

• Stephanie says:

Ha ha! Nope! We technically don’t even have an eat in kitchen but we crammed a table in there anyway. I know it’ll look great when its done but that’s like…10 years down the road.

6. MrsFatass says:

Whoa. Houses are way stressful. We really need a bigger one, too, but I still haven’t recovered from the process of getting in to this one. Lol.

• Stephanie says:

I’m kind of hoping that between the time I leave for Fitcation and when I come back, current house will be packed, moved, unpacked, cleaned and new house will be renovated, beautiful and complete with a man slave to feed and massage me. It’s possible my expectations may be a bit high.

7. Lena B says:

As much as I would love to move. all the stress sounds like no fun at all. But the sooner you start, the sooner you finish it. Right? Good luck on making it through

8. Grace says:

Moving is always stressful, but I have alway wanted a fixer upper that I can form into my own. One of the things that broke my heart the most about not making it to the finalists was the tweets from you would stop. For some reason when you tweeted circuits to us I just got up and did it, but motivating myself is so much harder. So I still stalk you and do your circuits that you give to the Mamavation moms :)

9. Stacie says:

Congrats again on the house! Can’t wait to see what you do with it. Don’t let it stress you out too much.
    I’m so glad that you’re sticking with us MILI ladies for a while longer! I love your circuits!

10. lorrie says:

good luck with the move and i hope everything goes well for you this month hugs