I’m excited. SO excited. 5K day is this Saturday! I hope everyone is ready to have a good time. I’m ready to sweat and move and groove! I’ll admit, I haven’t been able to get my running in. I’m not worried because 5K day isn’t about finishing first, fastest or better than anyone else. It’s about being active, at whatever level you are at and encouraging your family, friends and co-workers to do the same. My split abs have actually prevented me from doing a lot of running as apparently, this can make the problem worse. So I’m scaling back and trying to find other ways to be active (helloooooo spin class. Will you kick my behind this week please?!). I’m going to gradually increase my running over the coming months in hopes of getting my distance back up, without making my stomach problem worse.
But enough about me! Back to the big day! Here’s what I’d LOVE for you guys to do on Saturday:
1) 5k worth of exercise (obviously!).
2) If you have a blog, write about your day, your journey and your struggles leading up to the day and what you’ll carry forward from the experience.
3) Take pictures! I want to see my 5K day participants. I want to see your smiling, sweaty faces. If you’re really creative, come up with something awesome for your pics! I want to see you guys having fun whether it’s on your own, with family or friends!
4) E-mail me (fitmomintraining<at>gmail<dot>com) or post a link to your blog in the comments (I will be posting on Saturday about my day so you can post in the comments there) so we can read about and see your pictures. Ideally, I’d love for you to do BOTH! What I want to do, is if I can get enough pictures, I want to put an online gallery together so we can share the day and our experiences together as an active community.
5) Don’t stop working after Saturday. Build on it, improve on it, encourage others to do the same. Plan your own healthy living event. Commit to something that will challenge you to keep going. Support one another. Set new goals or continue on with existing ones. Get involved.
Healthy living is not always easy so lets work together to promote, encourage it and live it each and every day.
Have fun on Saturday!